About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Friday, September 2, 2016

Best over good, Gatorade story, Writing a reflection paper


Choosing best over better over good
It's tough to become a good parent because kids force you to choose the best over the good and the better - when you feel like just sitting back and relaxing.

A lazy person like me makes a terrible parent. Instead of sleeping in the morning, I have to get up and help my kids prepare for school. Instead of serving my go to canned goods for a meal, I need to serve up healthy meals ideal for my active 8-year old boy. And so on.

I am so thankful for Ate Narcing. She has been making my life a heaven since she arrived.

How Gatorade Revived Itself
"This is my Jerry Maguire moment," she says. "I said, ‘It's okay if you want to fire me, but this is what we have to do, and we have to start saying no to a lot of stuff that retailers are asking us to do, that Wall Street is asking us to do, and we just have to serve the athlete and act like a sport-performance company. And it's going to be a long, hard journey.' And credit to him: He said, ‘Okay, we're in.' "
Read more here on how Sarah Robb O'hagan turned Gatorade into the sports hydration brand it is now. https://www.fastcompany.com/3018207/most-creative-people-2012/23-sarah-robb-ohagan

Writing a reflection paper
Enrolling in graduate school has me writing essays left and right. Reflection paper is a common type that I churn out regularly. The school has prescribed a way to do it:
  1. Things you have learned from the topic
  2. Way you have learned it
  3. Things you learned which you were supposed to learn
  4. How to apply things you have learned
  5. Probable problem if you will apply it


Peer pressure and social norm captured in this video


BRAIN GAMES Hidden Camera: Peer Pressure from Joe Gabriel on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment