About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

1955 - 2011, Woman's belly, Customer Service Rant and A Class of Perry

The death of Steve Jobs this month, October 2011 was mourned by the whole world. As an Apple fan, I bid farewell to his contributions and passions which have changed a whole generation's digital preference. I envy his desire for excellence in all things, and his laser-like focus in doing and finishing a job.

May this world see many other Steve Jobs-like minded people in terms of that.

My 3-year old boy couldn't keep his eyes off this cereal box. He even asked me to watch videos in YouTube of girls like this. Yes, I really got a boy, alright!


Value vs. price
I used to look at the price tag alone, but one big thing that Apple changed in me is to look at the value of products. It's customer service is impeccable, which makes the whole experience of owning an Apple device really worth every cent. This identifies the success of Apple too, since its customers have been turned into brand ambassadors.

Lately, I have crossed out Max's Restaurant off my list since I was served damaged vegetables, they were well cooked but the carrots and cabbage had bruises on them. I am not a cook, but I won't serve those kind to friends. As a restaurant, they should have been more quality-oriented. I ordered a 20 pax seating and yet a simple request of heating the soup was not accommodated.

LG was another disaster. The Android phone bought there, two weeks after it has been purchased does not automatically rotate. Went to the concept store where we bought and was told that we had to visit another LG branch since their computer used to diagnose problems has been down for a week already. In short, it took us two weeks to have the phone fixed. Turns out something's really wrong with the board of the phone.


A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so. ~ Mahatma Gandhi


That same day too, eating in Tokyo Tokyo, I ordered for the fish donburi with egg giving the specific instruction for it to be well done. The order came and I got a half-done sunny side egg. I told the waitress of my earlier request and said that's really how they cook it. I tried to ask her if she can go back to the cook to request for it to be fixed. Some seconds later, she came back with the same egg and the reason that it can't be done. Why do I have to put up with this kind of treatment, I won't go to anymore Tokyo Tokyo.

Lastly, buying at a Baby Company Boutique, I had to wait for like 15 minutes in order for the previous transaction to end. The cash register was broken and they were doing it manually, with a trainee. Double whammy! I was already set to leave but husband said it's fine so we waited for our turn.

At this point I was already thinking if it's the Filipino mindset? But no, I get better service and customer relations in my local bread store.

All Perry
My youngest has started loving his school and his classmates. He's now able to tell stories of what happened in class. He does not dish out all these excuses to not go to school anymore. And lastly, he shows interest in writing, a task he used to hate a LOT.

I can still remember his story last summer when he was attending preschool orientation classes. He told me that his classmate named Perry was painting and some spilt on his socks, then another classmate named Perry was dancing very funny. While another one named Perry built a train toy using blocks.

I investigated on the names of his classmates. There was only one boy with the name Perry. He thought all of his boy classmates then were named Perry?

No comments:

Post a Comment