About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Monday, January 11, 2010

Global thinkers

A big concern when we visited Hong Kong was that the kids would love it more, it being a first-world country. This was all erased while Lois and I were walking to school this morning. A foreigner was walking ahead of us, and he had a friendly chat with one of the street vendors.

After this, Lois asked me why that guy was here in the Philippines when he obviously is not Filipino. She told me that foreigners should be in their own countries. I grabbed this opportunity to share what I thought is an important lesson - that the Philippines is a beautiful country that's why many people, even from other countries go here. And that when she is already big enough, for her to carry the Philippines in her heart so that she will never forget about her country even if she gets to visit other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment