About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dream come true





 


I could tell this was the best gift Lois received this Yuletide. :) Not that the other ones were less appreciated, but this really defined her. She asked me to open the fairy wand so she could put some magic on Carlos' car, which doesn't run because it has no batteries. When this failed, she settled on applying her magic to objects so she could see them. More of like using her wand as a flashlight? :)

Then, when the newness of the wand faded, she asked me to put the crown on her. "Mommy, I don't want my hair up," she requested. That means she wants the crown properly placed on her head.

When Carlos would try to grab the wand from her, she would insist in a loud voice that it's for girls. I would butt in and ask her to share. Lois would give in, but would immediately grab the wand back while handing him his toy cars.

Finally, before the night was actually over, she asked me to put on the blue pin-on earrings that came complete with the gift. She even asked if I could remove her actual pearl earrings and just have these fairy ones on. "I'll wear this to school," she said.

We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment