About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Thursday, February 16, 2023

Memento Mori, Studying Again, How it Started vs How it's Going

After more than six years, I am reviving this blog to continue my documentation of my journey as a mom, a homemaker, an office worker, and a freelancer. I have been a recluse in protest of the world's decaying morals. Still, it is the best of times and the worst of times. I admit deep down, I have been insecure too. Joining the online conversation made me more envious of other's well-curated life, so I shied away from it. Yet after losing two of my beloved last 2021, I got a hard lesson of life's unpredictability and brevity. As I journey towards healing, this blog helps me expand myself. It's my gratitude journal. My take of the world. Me tossing my hat in the ring.
Poster by Marcus Aurelius Valerius Massentius
Back to school again As part of my personal and professional commitment to growth, I am pursuing my PhD with three units for this term. Still got 45 units to go and our course is yet to meet for intensive sessions in June 2023.
BBC tips for successful studying Don't just focus on what you're learning – think about how you learn
Reflect and think about how you learn best
Review your past learning experiences – good and bad!
Keep a learning journal
Make a study plan
Explore different study tools and choose the ones that work for you
My kids are almost grown up. Both are taller than me. The youngest won the Battle of the Bands with his classmates. The eldest is commuting her way to onsite class and preparing for UPCAT in June 2023.
Feb 2017
Feb 2021
The husband heads the development of an almost acquired UK-based investor. I work onsite twice a week in a private HEI in NCR. My cholesterol count is 207. Threshold is 200. My LDL is 146 vs 100 threshold. I have started taking fish oil and cholesterol maintenance daily. I am choosing less fried and processed food. I also sleep as much as I can. Bye to on-demand #DirtyLinen on Kapamilya Online Live. I try to move more, sit less. In June I am scheduled to have laboratory procedure to check if levels went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment