About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Monday, August 22, 2016

Are you a millennial mom?

http://adage.com/article/agency-viewpoint/brands-empathy-connect-millennial-moms/305498/


I don't belong to the millennial generation. Yet there are emerging views that they adopt that I share and aspire too.

1. Everything in moderation.
Every one has a point when it comes to parenting. I will hear you out and respect your opinion. I may even subscribe to some of your ways, but it will always be my call. And my personal stand is moderation, because everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial.

2. Unique is the operative word.
What works for you may not be great for me. As each of our kids are unique, so should our parenting. PETA is espousing a shift towards positive discipline. It means talking it with your kids about long term goals, providing structure and love, care and two way communication.


No comments:

Post a Comment