About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Parent's role, Missed playing with me, Benefits of swimming, No time for Strawberry Shortcake, Kid funny questions

Surrender your kids to God and spend the time necessary to uncover His plans for their lives.
Noticing that most of the kids' time are spent tinkering with the iPad, I once used it as a punishment tool.

One of the things I particularly admire about my girl is her obedience to rules and punishments, despite her upfront discontent about them. She's my rule guardian and punishment enforcer ally.

Me: No iPad for you until your birthday. (That was like a month of iPad-less days to go.)

Days and weeks went on and she would just look at her brother use it. She stood firm with her punishment, until I could no longer bear it and asked her.

Me: Don't you miss playing with the iPad?

Lois: No mom, I don't miss the iPad. I missed playing with you.

Swimming at the fine sand beach of Pagudpud

Swimming: Ideal exercise
Here are upsides to swimming I have recently learned:

  • 30-45 minutes of swimming provide relaxation, toning, stretching and trimming down. Best if you can do different strokes per session. Back stroke is ideal for people suffering from back injuries and helps correct posture.
  • 1 hour of swimming = 4 miles of moderate pace running
  • 30 minutes of water exercises = 90 minutes at gym
  • It's all about the water. Water pressure on our body is 800 times more than that of air. It's comparable to massage's pressure. Therefore, swimming improves blood circulation. It also helps even out cellulite.



No time for Strawberry Shortcake
My girl received a Strawberry Shortcake activity book. She was eager to do them with me, but I declined since there was a deadline I was aiming for. It was also night time already. The following Friday morning, we could do them together.

She reasoned out she has two classes - kinder class in the morning and piano lesson in the afternoon. The following day, Saturday, it's her schedule to use the computer and that's her Polly Pocket time. She definitely has no more time!

6-year old life questions
Kids say the funniest things, right? They also ask the most difficult questions. Some of Lois' deep thoughts:
  1. What is heaven like?
  2. Why is their dad's middle name different from all the rest of us in the family?

Ladies do not start fights, but they can finish them.
Marie of Aristocats


No comments:

Post a Comment