About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Duck, duck, goose

Lois Maya with Nursery 2 Lion classmates - Blessed Micah, Sam Arabell and K
This is a game which Lois introduced to us casually. After dinner, we asked Lois what she learned at school and she started explaining the game. Teacher would touch each student's head assigning which is the duck or the goose. The one named goose will chase any student tagged as duck.

What was hilarious was the fact that Lois was acting as the teacher. She would insist that she touches our heads, and since we were standing, we really had to bend over to be tagged as duck or goose. And when it was Carlos' turn to tag, he would always assign duck to everyone, leaving no one as goose. We really had a fun time playing - err, learning the game.


Carlos' bias for Danielle
Carlos has displayed the earliest notion of opposite gender preference. Among their playmates, special favor goes to Danielle. She's 6 months younger than him and is one of the meekest. I first discovered his bias when he offered Danielle a glass of pink juice from his coveted plastic cup. They just finished afternoon snacks when the neighborhood kids passed by our door. Of all the ones there, it was only with Danielle that he did this. I clearly overhead him asking his Ate Beng to pour some pink juice for Danielle. I think Danielle didn't mind him.

To put my suspicion to the test, several days after that, while Carlos was throwing a tantrum, I asked if he would like to play games at the house of Danielle. I told him I would ask his nanny to bring him there to play. Magically, he sobered up and mumbled on about playing with Danielle. I, of course told Daddy Paul about this and warned me to never capitalize on this fact.


Carlos Boy, I am tickled by the fact that you admire someone already. I hope you would always look up to your Daddy's ways on how to respectfully treat girls, and to use their inspiration to move you forward to achieve loftier goals for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment