About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Daddy's Cinderella - A Tribute to Fathers



Fathers are God's arms and face on earth. My father passed away when I was just 15, and the decade and a half of my life spent with him are treasures I would always keep on coming back to. Their - Tatang and Inang's stories of sacrifice, standing for what is right and serving the people around them have shaped my now idealistic view of life.

Now that I have a family, I am blessed to have for my kids a father who is very much like my own dad and more. My daughter has someone who is seriously crazy about her welfare, willing to stand in the shadows to let her light shine brightly. My son has a number one fan always by his side with his welfare in mind. One great desire is for Lois Maya and Carlos to cultivate the great relationship with their dad Paul, and for Paul to always seek the wisdom and grace to lead this family to its fullest bloom.

UPOU
I admire Dad Paul's patience and interest with the kids. These same traits he's willing to capitalize to reach out to other kids as he pursue, hopefully, a high school teaching job. He sees this as a path to empower the Filipino youth and to contribute to nation building. Another major ball to balance on his already filled plate? No, he's consumed by this and thus has more focus and energy.

Balikbayan family
I hope that with this opportunity too that my family-members based abroad are home for a brief vacation, our shared memories of growing up in Bulacan with our father may ignite our unity to work together for one another.

New classmates
Lois Maya's school has emailed her class schedule already. She will join the afternoon class with all new classmates. Really, not one from her Nursery 1 Bunny group. Her memory of being punished for telling a lie because she was not able to finish her food last February is still very fresh. She tells me to give her just a few pieces of food that she likes and can eat all. May we all do better this time. ;)

Music, trains, car, helicopters
As for our little boy Carlos, I've been noticing his love for singing. He prefers watching music videos for kids, and sings along with the iPod music too. One time he was playing with Transformers application, he was making the robot dance to the music of Himig ng Lahi - the iPhone app that dad is doing. His unique lyrics have given us a funny take on the otherwise serious songs - "pagsamba ng umamamali" whatever that means.

This he enjoys along with his toy cars, trains, helicopters and airplanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment