About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Friday, February 12, 2010

Nanny No More


It's week one of our no-nanny lifestyle. A month down 2010 and the year is already forming its shape. Not that we chose this, or that we are unhappy about it. Dad Paul and I agreed to raise the kids by ourselves since our work both allows us to stay at home. Plus, we also have my nephew to give us a hand when we need to.

Last December, our full time nanny bid us goodbye for come June she would enroll back in high school in their province, Daet, Camarines Norte.

Since we still have another nanny, though only part-time since we send her to school, it is our thrust to equip people as much as we can - we didn't get a replacement. Instead I helped more with the house chores. I was thinking down the line that once Irish, our part-time nanny finshes her studies, the kids would be five and three , bigger and can be involved in housekeeping.

Instead of my plan pushing through, God had it differently. Irish told us she would stay with her eldest brother and cousin who would support her schooling. She decided to become a full te student. So here we are, unprepared for the battle but much ready to fight the giants. After all, at the start of this year, I already have this to cling on to:


The Lord will continually lead you; He will feed you even in parched regions. He
will give you renewed strength, and you will be like a well-watered garden, like
a spring that continuously flows water. Is 58:11


Rightfully so, we have willing supporters - friends and neighbors who inspire us with their achievements and own difficulties conquered. Clients who understand and believe in our fight and family who is just there when we need them, they encourage us greatly.

Personally, I think this whole experience would improve my patience and make me submit to my husband more. I look forward to that.

As for the kids, I hope with all my heart they would be over-all better after this. Responsible, caring towards one another, hardworking, maybe even more?

2 comments:

  1. lol so you have no nanny but...you have a part time nanny.
    :)
    hilarious! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have two - one was full time but she left December last year. The other one only gets to work Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays - part time. She too said goodbye to us first week of February 2010.

    ReplyDelete