About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thinking of mommy, trouble with sending son to school, sardines and chocolate beddings, door made from color swatches

While washing the dishes, my little girl pointed out that her utensils need not be cleaned. "I didn't use them mom, because I don't want you to be tired. When I was in Laguna, I missed you."

Yes, absence makes the heart grow fonder. I'm so proud of how my 5-year old girl thought about me. Thank you for being selfless, Lois!

Children listen
Careful what you say, children will listen - that song of Miss Barbara Streissand has never been truer than this time.

I talked on the phone about my little boy's lackluster efforts and interests in writing and the following day. My sister was on the other line. The following morning, my three-your old son uses that as the reason not to go inside their classroom.

"I cannot draw and write", he argues.

"That's the more reason you should go to school", I argued back.

Fast forward when we are at his school grounds, the bell rings for them to line up. With all his classmates falling in line, he fiddles behind my back. "I want them inside already, and then I will go and line up."

No one's left outside anymore. Teacher beckons to him again. He resists, as if finding protection from me. "Go inside when you're ready. We are waiting for you inside." He was told by the teacher.

He refuses, again. I try more convincing tactics - bribing, threatening, encouraging. Carlos doesn't want to go inside. I turn my back to walk back home. He follows. When we got to a private place where I can talk with him, I remind him that when we get home I will bring him to his room and talk with him - the usual punishment routine. He speaks some illogical words, but motions to go to school.

I walk with him again. When we get to his class' door, he tells me to knock. We wait. Growing impatient perhaps, he knocks now. Teacher opens the door and greets him the usual morning ritual. He gets inside. Hay!
This seemingly ordinary shoe may be zipped up on its own - swell for light travelers.
Loving school
Quite the opposite, my 5-year old daughter tells me one time that her favorite thing to do is to go to school.

"I love learning," she beams.

Good for you. She notes that job helpers, when teacher lets them report the weather, read the calendar, etc entice her to go to school every day.

This door is made from pantone switches which lets the light in.

No comments:

Post a Comment