About

A mom's journal of home life stories, hopes and dreams for her two wonderful kids

Friday, March 5, 2010

Lois' condition and Carlos' predicament



Sometime after her birthday, Lois felt differently towards school. Oftentimes she would tell us that she doesn't want to attend school anymore. Even her teachers noticed it.

One time, her teacher told me that she cried because she didn't want to finish her food. She reasoned that she was full because she ate egg at home. She even puked in class. Lois also told her teacher that she missed me.

At this, we - her teachers and parents found that she's lying. Daddy Paul and I confronted her about this, explaining why it is bad to tell lies and that it is ok to tell the truth no matter how difficult it is.

The following day, when Dad Paul picked her up, he was confronted by Lois' teacher. Lois lied about her lunch again. She told her teacher she's finished her food, but found her lunch inside the trash. So she was punished and sent to the thinking chair.

Paul and I were bewildered. Lois was fine bringing half-emptied lunchboxes before. And she loves school. What gives?

Upon further probing, Lois told me that she would rather stay home and be with me. She said she would like to help me with the house chores and would even like to work at her office at home. Then I got reminded of an instance when Dad Paul and I argued big time in front of her. We were discussing about missed medical appointments fir the kids over priorities and many things to do.

I guess Lois drew from our fight that there were a lot of things to be done - being without a nanny and a helper - and she would like to be part of the solution by helping around. And because I've been busy with house chores and work commitments, I was not able to spend time with her.

Carlos' diagnosis
Our boy has been diagnosed to have something that demands operation. It's not a matter of life and death. Nothing that serious. Something that if not corrected now could gravely impact his future.

Dad Paul and I have researched much on the net about it. We are hoping it is the "leave it to nature" kind of thing. We're scheduled to see a urologist to confirm everything. We're also getting a second opinion afterwards.

We tell the kids that Carlos might go through an operation. Lois feels sad and sympathizes for her brother. Carlos is not a bit affected. I guess because he's very young to understand it.

Honestly, we're not scared. We pray for what is best for Carlos, and we understand that sometimes pain is part of the equipping. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment